- Scripts are NOT ALLOWED at any time.
- Minimum Round for submitting is on every individual leaderboard and sub-category; check them frequently or if you are submitting a record.
- No glitches/bugs or exploits are allowed (for more information check the GLITCHES/BUGS/RESTRICTIONS section).
- Getting games/DLCs early (before the official release dates) in order to gain an unfair advantage over other players or for resale purposes is illegal and considered a form of cheating.
- Players caught cheating will have their records removed from the leaderboards and may receive an indefinite suspension from the site.
- Invincibility and Infinite Ammo glitches are NOT ALLOWED.
- Mods giving players an advantage is NOT ALLOWED under any circumstance.
- Every round must be played in full. Round skipping of any kind (glitched or GobbleGum) is NOT ALLOWED.
- Duplicate Wonder Weapons NOT ALLOWED.
- 2 Weapons only in a player's inventory (3 Weapons are ALLOWED when Mule Kick, Mule Munchies, and Pack Mule is accessible).
- 1 Window Strategy or 1 Spawn Location are NOT ALLOWED for any Challenge/ Leaderboard.
- FOV on PC in older games (without FOV slider) is allowed to be changed. For newer games you can set FOV as high as game allows you to.
- Players must use their own gameplay. Anyone caught stealing gameplay will be banned from the site.
- The use of Redacted for PC players is ALLOWED. We strongly recommend using basic version.
- Playing LAN is ALLOWED across all leaderboards.
- Abusing insta-kill melee weapons (for example by locking a melee key and going afk for hours) is NOT ALLOWED.
HIGH ROUNDS/CHALLENGES BREAKS:
- Any form of sleeper is ALLOWED for a Co-op game such as: (Use of sit-in glitches /Having a player disconnect and reconnect /Holding Zombies in windows).
- Sit-in glitches are only ALLOWED for Breaks/Sleep, a player in a glitch during a round is NOT ALLOWED.
- When disconnecting and reconnecting, the player must reconnect before the next round starts, or the game will void from that point on. This does not give players the ability to switch their GobbleGums from their previous loadout; players must continue to use the same loadout before disconnecting.
FIRST ROOM RULES:
- Increasing semi-auto weapons fire rate by using Steam Big-Picture controller settings [Rapid Fire] is NOT ALLOWED.
- A Countdown Timer is NOT ALLOWED.
- A Timer or Elapsed Timer (Example: Ps4 Livestream Timer or Theater Mode) must be present on screen at all times. All Maps on Advance Warfare, Maps "Gorod Krovi"/"Revelations" from Black Ops 3 and Gauntlets from Black Ops 4 are excluded from this rule due to having an in-game Timer on the scoreboard.
- Pausing the Timer on these listed games (World At War, Black Ops, Black Ops 2, Advance Warfare, Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare) is ALLOWED only for breaks when all players are clearly not progressing in the game (killing/damaging zombies or doing easter eggs steps)
- Pausing the Timer for World War 2 is NOT ALLOWED, the only exception to this rule is "Round 100 Speedruns" Solo/Coop.
- Pausing the Timer on Black Ops 4 is ALLOWED only when the game is PAUSED (for both solo and coop)
- Theater Mode Recordings are ALLOWED as long a Timer or Elapsed Timer is present at all times. The video cannot be speed up or paused at any time and Player(s) Points and Round Counter require to be present.
- Co-op splitscreen is ALLOWED on any Co-op CHALLENGE leaderboards up to 4 Players in 1 screen (First Room, No Power, Flawless, Speedruns, etc).
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th Players not required to be active to play.
- Footage from the handcam needs to be clear and stable, otherwise it'll be denied.
- We strongly recommend full gameplay. (Minimum Resolution 360p.) We still require full gameplay for speed runs.
- A gameplay montage is ALLOWED. Make sure to add it as a main video.
- Theater Mode recordings are ALLOWED as long as all requirements are visible within the video. (Rounds,Points, Game Lobby if required,etc).
- Game Lobby is recommended to be displayed either before launching the map or after the game ends on Black Ops 3, Infinite Warfare, World War 2 and Black Ops 4.
- Black Ops 3 - Solo: If the Game Lobby is not displayed the Player can display the GobbleGum loadout at anytime in the game as long the timestamp is given on the submission message space.
- Black Ops 3 - Solo: All No GobbleGum Challenges must show the "After Action Report" in their video submission with a timestamp given on the submission message space, to prove no use of GobbleGums.
- Not showing loadout on the video may cause a change of category for your record in Black Ops 3 and Black Ops 4.
- Twitch: Make sure your video footage is HIGHLIGHTED, as past broadcasts will not be accepted.
- YouTube: The video must be PUBLIC or UNLISTED.
ZWR FEATURED STREAM:
- Streams are Featured on the ZombieRecords home page.
- A ZWR Staff will choose randomly a Stream to be featured every time a Stream Ends.
- The only streams that will be featured are Zombie streams (featuring any of the games ZWR supports).
- If a Stream is down on the main page, any player can ask to be featured by messaging any ZWR Staff or Admin.
- Players have the responsibility to aid ZWR staff and editors with submissions.
- As an example, if your game starts during a live stream or multiple challenge record, please provide time stamps in the comments section.
- Examples of this are (Start/End) times of Speedruns, round of first down for Flawless, timestamp where Gobblegums are visible, etc.
- Message section requires information to be added when there is an issue. (Example: No gamelobby - Requires timestamp when Gobblegums are displayed in game, etc.)
BLACK OPS 4
- Playing with bots is NOT ALLOWED
- Shield Exploit is NOT ALLOWED
- Playing on Custom Mutations is NOT ALLOWED unless rules on specific board says otherwise
Dead of The Night
- Silver Bullets are ALLOWED.
WORLD WAR II
- Fast Melee on PC is NOT ALLOWED for speedruns.
- For Speedruns, the starting position (for all categories) will be when 'Wave 1' appears on screen. This rule does not apply to 'The Darkest Shore,' see the specific map for more detail.
- Skipping Round Changes with Easter Egg steps (E.G. defending lightning rod, power transfers, lockdowns, or escorts) within the area of the step is ALLOWED. Abuse of said mechanic (deliberately failing such Easter Egg step) is NOT ALLOWED.
- Players intentionally downing themselves to create a barrier that stops zombies entering certain areas of the playable map is not allowed.
- Any gameplay from the map "Prologue" are NOT ALLOWED into any challenge.
The Darkest Shore:
- For Speedruns, the starting position (on this map only) will be when the player spawns in on the map (when the screen fades into the game from black).
- Getting outside of the "lockdown" phase in the Easter Egg (to skip round intermissions) is NOT ALLOWED.
- On NO POWER challenge the Player(s) are NOT ALLOWED to turn the power switch on any Generator.
The Shadowed Throne:
- The Anchors must be disabled through normal means and without glitches.
The Frozen Dawn
- Any EE Speedruns games played prior to October 2nd 2018 may be denied due to patch that is significantly changing the bossfight.
- Players taking downs within the "Ghost n Skulls"arcade game will not count towards "FLAWLESS" challenge.
- Blocking Spawns out with Trip Mines/ C4 or standing on them is ALLOWED as long a minimum of 2 spawns are still active at all time.
- Director's Cut Mode is NOT ALLOWED on any leaderboard.
- Infinite Card Use Glitch is NOT ALLOWED.
- Fate Card 'Irish Luck' is considered a Fortune Card on all leaderboards.
- The Sight 'VMC' on LMGs when zoomed in by a notch is NOT ALLOWED (gives a high damage increase when aiming down sights).
Zombies in Spaceland:
- Alien Grey must lose both fuses to be defeated legitimately with the Weapons of Rock only (This includes the Smart Shot sight).
Rave in the Redwoods:
- Any games played during the patch where traps gave points are not treated any differently than any other record.
Attack of the Radioactive Thing:
- Infinite Card Decks (achieved through completing 'Soul-Less' or Skull Hop EEs) is ALLOWED.
The Beast From Beyond:
- The DCM-8 'Masochist' Variant is NOT ALLOWED on No Power Challenge.
- Combination of EBR-800 'Bomber' Variant, and the Fortune Card 'Ego Trip' for killing Mammoths is NOT ALLOWED.
BLACK OPS 3
- Each (Gameplay/Submission) is only ALLOWED to be accepted into 1 Category (No GobbleGum, Classic GobbleGum or Mega GobbleGum) Leaderboards.
No GobbleGum Leaderboards (any kind of GobbleGums are NOT ALLOWED [Classic and Mega]).
Classic GobbleGum Leaderboards (Only Classic GobbleGums ALLOWED / Mega GobbleGums NOT ALLOWED).
Mega GobbleGum Leaderboards (All Classic and Mega GobbleGums are allowed except the ones stated below):
- Mega GobbleGum 'Power Vaccum' is NOT ALLOWED. [Reason: Considered overpowered.]
- Mega GobbleGum 'Round Robbin' is NOT ALLOWED. [Reason: Considered overpowered and contradicts "Round Skipping" rule.]
- Mega GobbleGum 'Near Death Experience' is NOT ALLOWED. [Reason: Voted in Community Poll to be overpowered.]
- Mega GobbleGum 'Flavor Hexed' is NOT ALLOWED. [Reason: Too overpowered for giving banned GobbleGums.]
- Aftertaste and Self Medication Gobblegums are ALLOWED as long the Ammo Glitch is not abused on which is NOT ALLOWED. [Reason: Voted in Community Poll to be overpowered.]
Any high round games played prior to April 2017 patch may be denied due to either Widows wine causing error at high rounds or the Widow's Wine Grenade Glitch ,causing more grenades to spawn after killing a Horde of zombies with blast furnace, any games past this date will be accepted as normal. This applies to Round based games only (Solo, Co-op, Flawless No Power, First Room, & No Jug.)
Shadows Of Evil:
- Rapid Slam with the Apothicon Sword is ALLOWED.
- The First Purchasable door must be opened (except for First Room Challenge); this negates the use of the 2 spawn strategy in Junction.
- Abusing Infinite Sword through Turned Zombies is NOT ALLOWED.
- Breaching Rituals is NOT ALLOWED (including teleport out or standing by the barrier when activating a ritual).
- Arch-Ovum Charged within 1 to 3 rounds is NOT ALLOWED on Easter Egg Speedrun. The Arch-Ovum must be charged in the normal 4 rounds it requires.
- Use of Flag Defend Easter Egg step to gain free Max Ammos is ALLOWED (the limit it up to 16 restricted by the game).
- Combination of 'Turned' and Keeper Sword, anywhere it is obtainable, is NOT ALLOWED when killing zombies, we're advising players not to use 'Turned' and Keeper Sword at the same time to prevent glitch from happening unintentionally on which fills the sword meter much faster.
- Abuse of Infinite Turned Zombies is NOT ALLOWED.
- Letting the Valkyrie Drone die early in the escort Easter Egg step to complete the step is NOT ALLOWED.
- Dragon Egg warmed from any location glitch is ALLOWED.
- No Furies and Keepers glitch is ALLOWED.
- Going to Nacht der Untoten or any other part of the map while the Keeper is performing the Ritual Easter Egg step is ALLOWED.
- Duplicating Apothicon Eggs is NOT ALLOWED.
- Invincibility standing by the Electric Trap is ALLOWED.
Kino der Toten:
- Runs prior to July 10th, 2017 that used the fire trap are considered illegitimate due to zombies path changed in a patch/update.
- Glitching out any spawns is NOT ALLOWED.
- Elemental Knife exploit is NOT ALLOWED.
BLACK OPS 2
- The Settings on "Custom Games" are NOT ALLOWED to be changed. All options required to be (Difficulty: Original / Starting Round: 1 / Magic: Enabled / Headshots Only: Disabled / Hellhounds: Disabled) for: (Flawless No Power, No Jug, All Speedruns Challenges) Leaderboards."
- Perma-Perks are ALLOWED on any Leaderboard.
- Every match must play on the specified settings given on every Leaderboard.
- Ray Gun wall-buy is NOT ALLOWED on any Leaderboard.
- Bank is ALLOWED to be used on any Leaderboard.
- Infinite Jet Gun (un-patched or patched) is ALLOWED.
- FIRST ROOM: Hitting Box is NOT ALLOWED.
- Opening the box from the ground floor is ALLOWED on any challenges apart from "FIRST ROOM".
- On "NO JUG" Challenge players are NOT ALLOWED to get a free Juggernog drop by killing the Jumping Jacks.
- 'Un-patching' the Sliquifier (on current patch) is ALLOWED.
- On "NO JUG" Challenge players are NOT ALLOWED to get a free Juggernog drop by killing the Ghosts.
- Elemental Knife exploit is NOT ALLOWED.
- Fire Staff Pedestal Glitch in 'Ascend from Darkness' is ALLOWED.
- Insta-Kill Rounds are allowed.
- Backward Movement Speed can be shifted to console-level speed. (PC only)
- Custom Camouflages and Aesthetics are allowed. (PC only)
Kino Der Toten:
- No Nova exploit is ALLOWED.
- Fire Pit glitch is ALLOWED.
Shi No Numa:
- Infinite Flogger Trap use is ALLOWED.
Call Of The Dead:
- Immunity to Lightning from George Romero is ALLOWED.
- Astronaut Trapping (by glitching or excavator) is ALLOWED in the "No Astro" sub-category.
- Blocking spawns using explosives is ALLOWED as long a minimum of 2 spawns are still active at all time.
WORLD AT WAR
- Glitching Hellhounds to get them frozen in place is NOT ALLOWED. If a Hellhound gets stuck in the Glitch the Player is required to kill it as soon as possible.
(IF ANY GLITCHES/BUGS/RESTRICTIONS ARE NOT ON THE LIST PLEASE CONTACT THE ADMINISTRATION TO BE REVISED – DO NOT RISK PLAYING WITHOUT ASKING OR THE SUBMISSION MIGHT BE REJECTED)
- All glitches, bugs, and exploits are not allowed for use on the site. All future glitches and exploits discovered will not be allowed on the site (effective starting 2018). Any glitch specified give details on if they are allowed or not allowed in games. All glitches and exploits from previous administration will continue to be allowed and not be removed; the approval process will continue as normal for them. Any glitch of invincibility or infinite weaponry is not allowed unless stated on specified map; the player(s) must never be untouchable at any moment of the game. Walk-in glitches are still only allowed for co-op breaks or 'sleepers.'
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR GLITCHES
- Our definition for glitches, bugs, and exploits are stated as: "A bug is an intended game state that is not achievable; A glitch is an unintended game state that is achievable; An exploit is the abuse of given game mechanic considered legitimate. They are errors in the game producing an effect unintended by programmers. Some can be exploited to gain advantages."